Last Updated on April 28, 2023
Hey there! A big thanks from all of us at Workflow for choosing our products. We create them to help you achieve your best work. With many users relying on Workflow products daily, we need to set some Terms of Service to keep everything running smoothly.
In this document, when we mention "Company," "we," "our," or "us," we're referring to Workflow.
"Services" refers to our websites, including workflow.cm, and any products developed and maintained by Workflow.
When we say "You" or "your," we're talking about the people or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Services. We maintain specific ownership policies for our products, which you can find here.
We might update these Terms of Service ("Terms") in the future. Generally, we make updates to clarify terms by linking to related policies. When we introduce significant changes to our policies, we'll update the date at the top of this page and take other necessary steps to inform account holders.
By using our Services, now or later, you agree to the most recent Terms. There might be instances where we don't exercise or enforce a right or provision of the Terms; however, that doesn't mean we're waiving that right or provision.** Please note that these Terms include a limitation of our liability.**
If you breach any of the Terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement, and it means you need to trust us a lot. We strive to earn that trust by being transparent about who we are, how we work, and maintaining an open line for your feedback.
1. You're in charge of keeping your account and password secure and ensuring your users do the same. Workflow isn't responsible for any loss or damage resulting from security breaches.
2. You and your users mustn't use our Services for any purpose stated in our Use Restrictions policy.
3. You're accountable for all content and activities under your account, including those of your users.
4. You must be human—no bots or automated methods for account registration allowed!
1. Our free Services are genuinely free — no credit card required and no selling of your data.
2. For paid Services with a free trial, we'll tell you the trial duration when signing up. Afterward, you must pay to keep using the Service. If you don't, your account will be frozen until payment is made, eventually leading to auto-cancellation. Check our Cancellation policy for details.
3. Upgrading from a free to paid plan means immediate card charging and your billing cycle starts on the upgrade day. For other plan changes, the new rate applies from the next billing cycle.
4. All fees exclude taxes, levies, or duties. If required, we'll collect and remit taxes on behalf of taxing authorities. See our Taxes policy for details. Otherwise, you're responsible for all taxes, levies, or duties.
5. We handle refunds according to our Fair Refund policy.
1. You're responsible for properly canceling your account. We offer a straightforward cancellation link within each Service. Consult our Cancellation policy for instructions. Email or phone requests don't automatically qualify as cancellations. Need help? Contact our Support team.
2. Upon cancellation, your content becomes immediately inaccessible. It's permanently deleted from active systems and logs within 30 days and from our backups within 60 days. It's unrecoverable afterward. To export data before cancellation, please email us.
3. Canceling before your paid-up month ends takes effect immediately and won't result in future charges. Unused time in the last billing cycle isn't automatically prorated. See our Fair Refund policy for details.
4. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account, deny current or future Services access for any reason, at any time. Suspension blocks account access, while termination deletes your account, forfeits all content, and revokes access. We may also refuse Service to anyone for any reason at any time. This clause targets the few nefarious accounts among the many. Check our Use Restrictions policy for details.
5. Any abuse (verbal, physical, written, or otherwise) towards Workflow employees or officers results in immediate account termination.
1. We promise our customers to support our Services we're not going anywhere , including maintaining security, privacy, and customer support for legacy Services. However, we may modify, redesign, or discontinue features or Services—temporarily or permanently—at any time, with or without notice, due to technical limitations or improvements.
2. We may change our product pricing structures, usually exempting existing customers. However, we might change prices for existing customers too, in which case we'll provide at least 30 days' notice via email and possibly post notices on our websites or the affected Services.
1. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We don't offer service-level agreements for most of our Services, but we take application uptime seriously. Visit https://workflow.statuspage.io/ to see the status of our Services.
2. We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. We’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action, except in rare cases where the usage level may negatively impact the Service's performance for other customers.
3. We protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption, enforcing encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. In some edge cases, data may be transmitted through our network unencrypted. Please refer to our Security Overview for full details and our Security Response page for reporting a security incident or threat.
5. We use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. You can see a list of all subprocessors who handle personal data for Workflow and Workflow Figma plugin, as well as a list of Company processors.
7. These Terms incorporate the Workflow Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) when the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) applies to your use of Workflow Services to process Customer Data as defined in the DPA. The linked DPA supersedes any previously agreed data processing addendum between you and W Taylor Property Limited relating to your use of Workflow Services.
1. All content posted on the Services must comply with U.K. copyright law. We provide details on how to file a copyright infringement claim.
2. You grant us a limited license to use the content posted by you and your users to provide the Services to you, but we claim no ownership rights over those materials. All materials you submit to the Services remain yours.
3. We do not pre-screen content, but we reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content available via the Service.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission of Workflow.
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
We offer Application Program Interfaces (“API”s) for some of our Services (currently Workflow, and the Workflow Figma Plugin). Any use of the API, including through a third-party product that accesses the Services, is bound by these Terms plus the following specific terms:
1. You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
2. Third parties may not access and employ the API if the functionality is part of an application that remotely records, monitors, or reports a Service user’s activity other than time tracking, both inside and outside the applications. Workflow, in its sole discretion, will determine if an integration service violates this bylaw. A third party that has built and deployed an integration for the purpose of remote user surveillance will be required to remove that integration.
3. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. Workflow, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account’s access, we will attempt to warn the account owner first. If your API usage could or has caused downtime, we may cut off access without prior notice.
Some third-party providers have created integrations between our Services and theirs. We are not liable or accountable for any of these third-party integrations.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that Workflow shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Workflow has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to these Terms or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services means you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that’s on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general we care about providing a long-lasting, stable and honest business. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of these Terms, please contact our Support team